Online Master of Science in Education – Specialization in Early Childhood Studies
The online Master of Science in Education with a Specialization in Early Childhood Studies (MSE/ECS) program is a perfect fit for those aspiring to shape the classrooms and curriculum of early childhood education. As in traditional master’s in early childhood education programs, students will learn the skills and proven methods necessary to conquer each unique challenge presented in the field, becoming confident teachers, administrators, and program specialists, as well as parent or adult educators.
Early childhood education is a rapidly expanding field, with employment for some professions projected to grow up to 25% from 2010 to 2020, much faster than the national average.* Armed with an online master’s in early childhood education, you’ll be well-positioned for administrative and leadership positions as this growth occurs.
Students of the program study a diverse range of essential topics in early childhood education, such as:
- Working with both advanced and exceptional students
- Creating educational partnerships to support the student and their family
- Integrating the student’s family into the learning process
- Hiring, training, supervising, and retaining personnel
- Literacy and language development
- Curriculum development
- Industry standards and program evaluation
* Source; Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Preschool Teachers, Preschool and Childcare Center Directors, Special Education Teachers
View Course Descriptions
To view the course descriptions for the Specialization in Early Childhood Studies, follow the link below.
To learn more about California Baptist University’s online master’s degree in education and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also callto speak to one of our Admissions Counselor about the degree program.